Please read this press release about Canada’s Transit Union Calls for Federal Payroll Subsidies in Transit Industry by John Di Nino sourced by ATU Canada.
News Articles - Amalgamated Transit Union The latest news from the Amalgamated Transit Union
- Winnipeg Local demands safety after a spate of dangerous incidents on buseson September 24, 2021 at 7:20 pm
Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1505 president Romeo Ignacio said the recent violence — three passengers were assaulted in seven days, including two stabbings — is alarming, and he wants the city to step up.
- 'I have never seen it like this': Durham bus drivers report 6.6x increase in onboard incidentson September 24, 2021 at 4:23 pm
Raleigh Local demands better safety after an increase in attacks on GoDurham bus operators.
- Saskatoon Local concerned for worker safety over mask enforcement as assaults rise.on September 23, 2021 at 6:59 pm
“Operator assaults are at an all-time high,” said Amalgamated Transit Union Local 615 president/business agent Darcy Pederson. “We don’t want to put our people at risk.”
- San Jose committee recommends mental health, gun safety proposalson September 23, 2021 at 3:05 pm
Local 265-San Jose, CA joins San Jose City Council Committee in announcing proposal to address mental health and gun safety in wake of tragic shooting that took the lives of nine Local 265 members.
- An ATU hero at Local 1056-Flushing, NY.on September 22, 2021 at 7:24 pm
The MTA recognizing Natalie Pierre-King for her compassion after she came upon a 14-year-old girl standing in the street looking confused.