Please read this press release about Canada’s Transit Union Calls for Federal Payroll Subsidies in Transit Industry by John Di Nino sourced by ATU Canada.
News Articles - Amalgamated Transit Union The latest news from the Amalgamated Transit Union
- London Transit Union says more support needed following assaultson June 23, 2021 at 1:54 pm
The London Transit Union is calling for more protection after they say two drivers were assaulted, one of whom ended up in hospital, while on duty Tuesday morning.
- Local 113-Toronto, ON calls for more protection amidst an uptick of attacks on transit workerson June 21, 2021 at 4:14 pm
TTC ridership has been way down during the COVID-19 pandemic, but it has been anything but quiet. Data from the TTC shows assaults against its employees is up by 50% and up by 34% against passengers over the course of a year.
- Local 107-Hamilton, ON pushes back on transit cutson June 17, 2021 at 7:25 pm
The city’s transit union is warning councillors against using LRT as an excuse to cut Hamilton’s bus budget or workforce.
- Transit Union votes 'no confidence' of Escambia County Administrator Gilleyon June 16, 2021 at 2:44 pm
- Beaumont transit workers reject contract, authorize possible strikeon June 15, 2021 at 1:49 pm
“The last thing we want to do is impact our riders, but if that’s what we have to do to get city leaders to stop treating us like dirt, we are prepared to do so,” Arlon Jackon, local 1031 president and business agent, said in a statement.