Please read this press release about Canada’s Transit Union Calls for Federal Payroll Subsidies in Transit Industry by John Di Nino sourced by ATU Canada.
News Articles - Amalgamated Transit Union The latest news from the Amalgamated Transit Union
- Biden’s Economic Picks Suggest Focus on Workers and Income Equalityon November 30, 2020 at 10:42 pm
President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. formally introduced his top economic advisers on Monday, selecting a workforce that’s stocked with champions of organized labor and marginalized employees...
- ATU Mourns the passing of TTD President Larry Willison November 30, 2020 at 5:09 pm
ATU International President John Costa issued the following statement on the passing of TTD president Larry Willis from injuries sustained in biking accident.
- Deep COVID-19 cuts expected in Winnipeg budget by bus union don’t materializeon November 30, 2020 at 2:02 pm
Winnipeg’s bus driver union was surprised at the lack of deep cuts to the active transport coffer when the city tabled its preliminary 2021 civic budget Friday after heavy hits to transit revenue amid a COVID-19 induced drop in riders — and fares.
- Coronavirus cases spike among Puget Sound-area transit workerson November 29, 2020 at 3:05 pm
“We have seen a big uptick in the last 30 days,” said Ken Price, president of the Amalgamated Transit Union Local (ATU) 587.
- Transit bus driver remains in intensive care following crash with truckon November 28, 2020 at 4:40 pm
A Calgary Transit bus driver severely injured in a collision with a truck remains in intensive care, the head of his union said Friday.