Please read this press release about Canada’s Transit Union Calls for Federal Payroll Subsidies in Transit Industry by John Di Nino sourced by ATU Canada.
News Articles - Amalgamated Transit Union The latest news from the Amalgamated Transit Union
- Metro Bus Drivers Overworked As Employees Call Out Sick With COVID, Other Illnesseson January 17, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Hundreds of Los Angeles Metro bus drivers have contracted COVID since the outbreak began – and now a David Goldstein investigation has found some healthy drivers who say safety is being compromised because they’re being overworked.
- Valley Metro workers push for ‘safe service’ as COVID-19 cases rise among employeeson January 15, 2021 at 10:40 pm
“The hard-working men and women of Valley Metro have been providing critical transportation services getting essential workers to their jobs since the COVID-19 pandemic began. ..."
- Labour Board ruling upholds Transit union's 2019 strike actionon January 14, 2021 at 7:29 pm
The Manitoba Labour Board has ruled in favour of Winnipeg’s Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU 1505) in a dispute with the city over strike action.
- Central Md. Leaders Seeking Huge Infusion of Cash for Struggling Transit Systemson January 13, 2021 at 7:38 pm
For the second year in a row, elected leaders from Central Maryland are urging the General Assembly to dramatically boost spending on the state’s existing bus and rail system.
- Bay Area Transit Unions Join Forces to Win Safety Protections and Beat Back Layoffson January 13, 2021 at 3:21 pm
Before Covid, transit unions in the Bay Area—six ATU locals, and one local each of TWU and the Teamsters—often faced their individual struggles in isolation. But during the pandemic, these locals united across the region ...