Please read this press release about Canada’s Transit Union Calls for Federal Payroll Subsidies in Transit Industry by John Di Nino sourced by ATU Canada.
News Articles - Amalgamated Transit Union The latest news from the Amalgamated Transit Union
- Covid 'essential' workers were always important. Don't abandon them post-pandemic.on April 14, 2021 at 2:25 pm
The pinprick of light at the end of this dark tunnel is finally coming into view, and it will hopefully bring a new era of working-class resistance along with it.
- Transit union wants vaccinations fast-tracked for TTC workerson April 14, 2021 at 2:20 pm
TTC workers are 'high-risk' and need vaccine to maintain community safety, ATU Local 113 says
- 'There's a lot of anxiety': OC Transpo union calls for prompt vaccination for transit employeeson April 11, 2021 at 5:29 pm
"It is more of a provincial issue. And I think the province should have put transit employees at the front of the line.”
- Chicago, let’s get back on the L and do our part to save public transiton April 9, 2021 at 1:06 pm
Chicago’s got one of the best public transit systems in the nation, but ridership on the CTA, Metra and Pace has plummeted during the pandemic.
- Some bus drivers got COVID hazard pay, sick time. Others got t-shirtson April 8, 2021 at 5:24 pm
The RTA earmarked about $1.8 million for front line-workers for hazard pay and extra sick leave. Jefferson Transit: zero.